Title: Studio Operations Manager
Supervised by Lead Designer
Supervises: Studio Fabricators and Vendors
Classification: Full Time
Date: July 2021
WHO WE ARE
Iron & Wire is Chicago’s premier high-end metal fabrication studio. We are designers, fabricators and artists. Our work has been featured in multiple design magazines and has been installed coast to coast. We design and fabricate custom work in our spacious Humboldt Park studio.
WHAT WE DO
We design and fabricate custom works in metal, wood and glass. Our main products include Feature Stairs, custom steel and glass doors, unique built ins, custom furniture and fine art fabrication for nationally recognized artists.
The Shop Manager is responsible for the successful execution of processes and procedures to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the fabrication department. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day projects, crew scheduling and project delivery and installation. These responsibilities also include ordering of materials and supporting the acquisition of project supplies. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and collaborating with other employees is essential in this position. The ideal candidate is a highly organized and efficient professional with construction experience and a basic understanding of fabrication machinery and project execution. Experience with Quickbooks online is mandatory.
This position works directly with the CEO/Lead Designer
- Manage studio employees
- Manage building operations including coordination of facility space layout, maintenance, cleaning, daily upkeep and other building logistics
- Improve the existing procedures for outgoing and incoming resources and inventory tracking for project supplies and office operations.
- Manage requests for materials, proposals and project supplies
- Crew scheduling and installation supervision
- Accounting and Quickbooks data entry.
HOW YOU APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.